This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps keep my website up and running and is very appreciated. Thank you for your support!
Are you a beginner or an experienced journal writer looking for some inspiration. If so, I have complied 90 inspiring journal prompts for self care, self improvement and self discovery.
What is Journaling:
Journaling is basically writing down your feelings, thoughts and experiences about a particular subject. There are lots of different types of journals such as travel, bullet, dream, pregnancy or self development. However there are no rules and you can write about anything you want.
Many people choose journaling as a way to understand their own thoughts and feelings, both negative and positive. Writing down the days experiences, help us to understand how we felt about a particular situation, a way of reflecting and learning coping strategies for the future.
Tips for Journaling:
Don’t worry about making your journal look pretty. We see so many pretty journals online, however its what you write inside them that matters. The reason most people journal is to make sense of their thoughts and feelings. This process is not always pretty especially if struggling with relationships, mental health or life in general.
It’s ok if you miss a day. Starting a journal can be fun, however in the beginning it can be hard to be consistent. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you miss a day or two. The important thing is to just keep going. Eventually you will get into a routine that works for you!
Use journal prompts. It doesn’t matter how much you love to write, all of us at some time get witters block. Using journal prompts gives us a writing nudge, helping us focus our thoughts. They are also a great way of helping beginners get into journal writing.
30 Self Love Journal Prompts:
1. Write down 20 things that make you feel happy and why?
2. What are your top 3 personality traits, why did you choose them?
3. How to do positively impact others in your life?
4. List 5 physical features that you love about yourself.
5. What aspects of your life would you like to change. Make a plan on how you could achieve this.
6. What are your biggest strengths?
7. What advise would you give your younger self?
8. Write down some of your favourite motivational quotes. Why did you choose these?
9. What was your last compliment? How did it make you feel?
10. What characteristic makes you unique?
11. What are you favourite self care activities?
12. What does self love mean to you?
13. Write yourself a thank you letter.
14. What makes you feel alive?
15. What are you grateful for?
16. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
17. What is your most treasured possession and why?
18. Whats your favourite memory?
19. What do you need to let go of?
20. Who inspires you the most?
21. Write yourself an apology letter.
22. What would you do if you could live a day without consequences?
23. What is my saddest memory.
24. What drains your energy?
25. What motivates you?
26. How can I improve my daily routines.
27. Write down 5 bad habits. How can you change them?
28. How can you love yourself more?
29. Write down 10 positive affirmations.
30. What do you love most about your life.
Looking for some self care inspiration, if so, check out: 101 Self care ideas
30 Self Improvement Journal Prompts:
1. List 10 things you want to achieve in the next 5 years.
2. Write down one good habit that you want to work on today.
3. How can you make you life better?
4. What do you want to be remembered for, and how can you work toward that?
5. What does your ideal life look like, how can you achieve it?
6. What unhealthy habits do you need to cut?
7. What do I need more of in my life?
8. What lessons have you learn today?
9. What can I do to look after myself better?
10. What changes do you want to see in your life in five years?
11. Name one thing that you would love to learn.
12. Write a life bucket list.
13. What are you struggling with right now.
14. What does success mean to you?
15. What is something you haven’t forgiven yourself for?
16. What are 5 things you’re excited about when you think of your dream life.
17. Do you enjoy your present job? If not, what steps can you take to improve the situation?
18. How do you react to negative feelings?
19. Are you comfortable with your finances?
20. Do you care about what other people think of you? Why?
21. What new skills would you like to learn?
22. Do you like change? Why/why not?
23. What does your dream life look like? Describe it in detail.
24. What can I do to simplify your life?
25. What fears are holding you back from living your best life? Be as objective and honest as possible.
26. Do you hold grudges, if so why?
27. Do you get distracted often, if so, why?
28. What are 5 insecurities you have about yourself? How can you change them?
29. What would you do if you had unlimited money and time?
30. What challenged me today, and how can I do better?
30 Self discovery Journal Prompts:
1. Reflect on how much you have changed in the last 5 years.
2. What or who has had a positive impact on your life.
3. Describe your perfect day.
4. What scares you?
5. What inspires you?
6. Are you an introvert or extrovert? How has this impacted your life?
7. What do you do when you feel sad? Is this a good or bad thing?
8. What are your biggest pet-peeves?
9. What activities drain you the most?
10. Who inspires you the most and why?
11. If money was no issue what would you do for the rest of your life?
12. What activities give you energy?
13. What negative or traumatic experiences have you let define you, and how can you walk away from them?
14. What is your favourite season and why?
15. What is your life motto, or what words do you live by?
16. What do you want to be remembered for?
17. Do you prefer to read fiction or non-fiction? Why?
18. I am most confident when……..
19. What do you struggle with most?
20. What do you need more of in your life?
21. What are you priorities at the moment?
22. How did your darkest moments shape you into who you are today?
23. If you could have any three things in the world, what would they be?
24. What is your best habit?
25. What is your worst habit?
26. What is your greatest talent? How can you use it to help others?
27. What things have you loved doing all of your life?
28. When do you feel most confident in yourself, and when do you feel the least confident in yourself?
29. Name one decision you have made that changed your life completely.
30. What things to do miss about your childhood.
I hope you have found the above journal prompts useful, If so, let me know in the comments below.
If you want to focus on becoming the best, happiest version of yourself, subscribe to the blog below or follow me on your favourite social meadia.
Thanks for reading,
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.